Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Turner Twins: 15 weeks

NOTE: These post will be a week later than my current week of pregnancy to better give you an idea of what the week has been like on my end.  For example, if I posted 12 weeks pregnant, I would really be 13 weeks.  Also, this blog when viewed on a computer will give you lovely music in the background so don't have your volume turned up to maximum levels, don't forget to click on the twin icon in the left-hand side of the page, and when this is viewed on a cell phone or device it will not have those features (that I am aware of).  

~

So now that I have been out of the months of morning sickness and shock of finding out we are having multiples, I have been feeling a little more like normal self these days.  I am still extremely exhausted and my nose is still pretty sensitive to the scent of cooking meat.  After finding out we were pregnant and having TWO, my pregnancy symptoms started making themselves known, and they were like a repeat of when I was pregnant with Graison but with more sickness than ever.  I don't think I have ever thrown up more in my adult life than I have in the first trimester with this pregnancy; it still wasn't as horrible as I anticipated it would get since finding out there are twins in here!

I have definitely been showing for a while now, and couldn't really tell you when it started just that I've got myself a bump.  At 11 weeks we decided that I was looking similar to that of a pregnant gal 3 weeks ahead of me when standing side by side with her, and we even have a body type similar to each other along with the fact that this was pregnancy number three for both of us, I just have twins.  The fact that there are two is still pretty shocking, although I'm starting to get used to the thought now.

We had a check up at the beginning of this week and the babies are looking great!  Heartbeats are steady at a bpm of under 142; one baby was for sure at 138 bpm. On March 23rd, we get the anatomy scan done and will be having the twins' genders placed into an envelope so that we can do a fun reveal at a later set date, so keep an eye out for that being posted either on here, Facebook, or both!! With this post putting a close to my week 15 of pregnancy, I've just noticed the size of the bump along with some other things such as:
  • Continuous exhaustion - I am adding in the factors of having two older children and being pregnant with multiples.  I am literally ready for a nap I will never get with Cowen running around at about 10:30 AM!!
  • Even though trimester two is supposed to be a break from a lot of pregnancy symptoms, the boobs are still endlessly sensitive and sore.
  • The frequency of having to use the restroom is there, however, I have found I am able to hold it in better at nights this time around; knock on wood.
  • I want sweet everything and making sure there's fruit lying around helps.  Sweet tea is life.  My pregnancy grapefruit kick came back and that has been DELICIOUS!!  Although the sweet tooth has been a constant need in the back of my mind, I still wouldn't pass up something sour if given the chance. Like salt n vinegar chips or lemonade, or lemon on my shrimp from Red Lobster...mmmm.
  • I have had feelings of movement but they are powerfully weird in a way I could not describe properly and I can not decide if it is the movement of the babies or just me being in an odd position.
I am sure I'm missing many more details of this past week, but I haven't been motivated to write up a blog post to update you guys let alone write down some symptoms I've been noticing.  Below I am including some of the things the babies have been developing this week along with some pictures.

MILESTONES:
  • Development of sex organs
  • Movement and hiccups
  • Breathing (yes they breathe while in amniotic fluid)
  • Being able to sense changes in light.


1 comment:

Cheryl K. Hadlock said...

It's so cute. Where they gonna fit?