Thursday, August 14, 2014

23 weeks 5 days

We had another ultrasound today!  This one was a rarity, especially for our insurance through the military as they only cover whats required or by doctors order, which this is by doctors order so we know the placement of my placenta and can keep track of it.

The ultrasound tech was telling me it looked like it had moved but where she was showing me my placenta was in position to my cervix it looked like it was still below the baby and near the cervix to me.  My doctor will tell me what happens on Monday though so I'm not going to act all crazy haha.  

Little boy is 1 pound and 6 ounces, she said give or take 3 ounces up or down (3oz or 9oz) and will say 6 ounces because that's in the middle and is what she was getting.  His heart rate is steady at 148bpm and we are still on track for our December 6th due date, although I am preparing my brain for sometime in late November.  I want to feel as prepared as I can and ready for anything, given the experience we had with Graison.  Although scary, I wouldn't trade that experience for anything, I feel it made us stronger as a family and as individuals. 

I am feeling great.  Always tired, but I feel I'm learning how to cope with that and work around it.  I have noticed my frequency of urination is back to how it was in the first trimester, but it decided to jump start a little since I still have a ways into ending this second trimester haha.  I've noticed that on occasion I still get nauseous but I'm buckling that down to when I am feeling exhausted.

My shortness of breath has returned and made it's appearance in this pregnancy along with my acid reflux, ugh! For now the reflux is only with certain foods or if I over indulge in liquids before bedtime, but I don't look forward to the third trimester if it starts out like it did with Graison. 

My belly is measuring 35.5 inches in girth. We got a few more maternity pants to give me more comfort along with some nursing bras and the girls have never felt more comfortable since having babies haha!! 

I think I'm noticing more of my pregnancy glow lately too.  I feel beautifu and sexy even on days without makeup, although I think of my self highly on a daily basis to keep my self esteem up and myself happy, as I just feel better that way; not in a conceited way because that's horrible (in a sense) and I don't like attitudes of people I've notice that are highly conceited. 

We are closing on 15 weeks left of this pregnancy, unless baby comes like I am anticipating and preparing for.  As for the weight I have gained....that will wait for Monday because I'll know then haha.  This pregnancy has fluctuated and not terribly but I'm expecting and hoping to have added some poundage to this body for this baby to keep growing healthy and strong.  Until next time enjoy the read and look at those cute side facial features!!  PS those bubbles by baby's face are the umbilical cord, and he was trying to pacify on it while we were in the ultrasound today, such a cutie already! 

No comments: