Thursday, September 18, 2014

28 weeks

Monday was my glucose test and it went very well!  I passed, though I wasn't worried that I would have gestational diabetes in the first place but ya know it's normal procedure while pregnant.  I'm closing in on 134lbs and I read somewhere that I'm supposed to gain atleast a pound a week now or something, we will see what happens though.  My waist line is 37 inches around now.

Talked to our doctor about our orders to move and all though I am cleared to fly things could still happen that would prevent me from doing so.  Let's hope that this baby stays in and does not decide to make me dilate any until I've made it to Japan and have a medical situation figured out over there.

I am to have another ultrasound sometime in the future to check on my placenta again and make sure it was continuing it's move upwards, and I hope it did because I want to experience having my baby vaginally again...however painful that sounds to some I didn't mind it at all when having Graison, and I don't care whether he was early or not you are still pushing and experiencing something bigger than whats down there coming out of you....yes there's pain but to me it wasn't anything I was anticipating it would be and I look forward to being able to experience it again without medication again.  I do believe, however, that I can tolerate pain a lot easier than others can, so maybe that's part of why I was able to enjoy the experience as it was. 

I also believe that if you are listening to what the nurses and doctors tell you to do and listening to your partner helping to be supportive and coach you through it, that your experience is going to be a wonderful one.  All those "horrible" and "worst-ever" labor experiences you hear or read, I think are in part of the patient not listening to the doctors and listening to themselves.  Trust me, you're exhausted, stressed, excited, worried, all of these emotions and more are running through you're brain and I highly believe that listening to your doctors can help you to shut out those feelings and do what you need to bring that baby into the world! 

As for this little pumpkin in me! Healthy heartbeat about the same as last time and my uterus measures as I'm supposed to in terms of gestation.  He is a kicker and sometimes kicks really hard! I am still counting the kicks as 15+ Within 15 minutes and as long as there's at least 10 and hour we are doing great! 

I have yet to experience Braxton Hicks and only recollect having two noticeable ones with Graison, contractions the day of my 34 week appointment with him then boom baby Graison two days later.  So based on previous experience I have no idea what to look for other than feeling not normal, excessive trips to the bathroom feeling like #2 is happening even after it stopping, and then of course checking to see if all that leukorreah is as normal as it has been the entire pregnancy.  Who truly knows though, this is a different pregnancy and every pregnancy is different. 

The goal is to make it past 34 weeks.  During that check up, if it wasn't already planned, I will be insisting on undergoing a cervical check for dilation.  I literally will be flying the day I change to 35 weeks pregnant, so taking that precaution in hopes that I have no sign of labor down there is what we're praying for.  After that we have a secondary goal of making it to Japan, and then a third of making it to term or 37 weeks. 

I'll be and have been doing what I can to not stress out, and over exhort myself.  I have been trying to reflect on the last few weeks of pregnancy with Graison to see if I had been doing or experiencing anything that could have caused early labor, so that I could avoid doing any of it once I get closer and closer to that mark with this one.  At least I have an amazing two year old keeping me and my mind busy and of course the trying to remember all of the appointments and making lists of what I need packed and what were selling at our yard sale and what we are designating to each room to make it easier for the movers to pack things and have them labeled. 

I've been having intense acid reflux at night and I've been pretty good with not needing to take tums but it feels like I'll be needing to soon as it just keeps staying the same or slightly worse.  That was very normal for me with Graison.  I have been peeing a lot more frequently at night so I'm thinking that is something that is just coming back again now that I'm in the third trimester.  Shortness of breath and exhaustion have been my life lately too haha.

Other than that not much for this week just a lot going on with getting stuff done for moving and doctors appointments. Here are my weekly pics! 

No comments: