Wednesday, November 26, 2014

38 weeks

First things first, I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays this week and had a safe Black Friday!  Hopefully nobody got brutally injured or murdered in the process of getting their Christmas shopping done.  Anyways, back to my post!

This week was LO-ONG! Monday we started the process of packing up the house and the movers arrived around 8:00-8:30 in the morning.  Tuesday gave us the same start and they finished the boxing up of belongings. Wednesday brought the big ol moving truck and they packed everything into the crates that will go on the ship to Japan. Although it was fast, it was long and exhausting.  Very nice people helping us get our house packed up though.  Definitely weren't drinking on the job like I remember (scent memory) one crew doing with one of my family's moves in my youth.

WEDNESDAY ALSO BROUGHT my 38 week check up.  We found out I have not dilated at all in about a month.  Because this is a second pregnancy, going so long without seeing any progress usually means that the labor and delivery of the baby will be like having your first baby--lots of work into the push phase.

My doctor was mentioning and warning us to be prepared in seeing a good amount of work in pushing and also preparing us for having a baby that is close to or just over 8lbs.  I honestly am not surprised or discouraged by that fact.  I was 8 lbs 3oz, Sheyden was somewhere in the 7's, and if graison would have made it to full term he would've been around 7-7.5lbs.  So I am not scared about having a bigger baby.  I'm going to mentally prepare myself for anything and stick to my plan.  Natural, epidural if I really am having a painful time and if I am able to still get it, and cesarean as my last resort or emergency option.  It's easy to work with and gives us a goal of getting the baby here somehow safely.  I have a lot of faith that I can get this little guy out and Sheyden is truly an amazing and strong support for me.  What more can a girl ask for than a husband who is there for them in the moments that she needs him to be the most!! 

Although we are ready this little man in my belly is happy where he is and will have his own special day to celebrate his birth!  On Monday we have to be at the hospital at 6:45 am to check in and get any missing admittance done; which should be fully covered as I already talked to the RN in a phone appointment.  At 7:00 am we start the induction and my doctor thinks the baby should be born within 5 hours of that start time.  I'm hoping things will move swiftly and the process in getting little monkey boy two here won't be as exhausting as we are being warned and are preparing for.  

THIS IS MY LAST POST ABOUT MY PREGNANCY Y'ALL!!!  The next time I post on the blog, will be when our little guy is here and will bring details of how his birth ended up going!  Sheyden will be posting his arrival in facebook once immediate family have been notified and we have rested a little.  I'm sure both of us will be overwhelmed with exhaustion and overjoyed with a new love in our lives!  I am sooo excited to see Graisons reaction to meeting his brother and am so curious as to how things will go in that first meeting!! 

UNTIL NEXT TIME !!

No comments: